You are here

Unpaid workers comp claim?

Last year my wife got a nasty cut at work (she works in a Deli) She had to receive 19 stiches for the cut. She had issues with the stiches, apparently unknown to us or the Dr she had a alergic reaction to the sitches. Because of the way they had to be removed (they basically had to open the cut back up to get the stiches out). She is now left with a very nasty scar, which is pretty noticable cause shes very pale skinned.

The nurse at the ER mentioned we should put a claim with workmans comp for the scar.

Can you file a claim with worker's comp for scars?? If so would that be something we should find an attorney for, or would that be a matter that really doesn't require one?

Share this with your friends

Submitted Fri, 12/23/2011 - 16:15

Hi, Sorry to hear about your wife's work accident. Generally WC will pay for your medical bills and 60% of your lost wages. Tough to tell you more than that without knowing more about the case. Would be happy to help and give you a free consultation. Happy Holidays.
Attorney Chris Earley

Talk to a Workers' Compensation Lawyer Today
Most offer FREE Consultations
Connect with The Forum
facebook google twitter linkedin