You are here

Speaking for party

Me and my wife were in court today to modify he son's father's vistiation. (long story that really doesn't need to be explained) Unfortunatly my wife has a bit of a anxiety issue when it comes to being put on the spot, such as answering the judge.

Is it allowed for me to stand with her in front of the judge and speak on her behalf when she gets flustered, I guess in the same manner that lawyers do for clients? I personally don' see why it would be in issue but I'm not sure if it would actually be allowed in court.

Share this with your friends

I feel for your wife's anxiety issues. Unfortunately, you cannot stand with her at Court. That would be considered practicing law without a license. Your wife should retain counsel to assist her in this matter so that she has an advocate to speak on her behalf at Court. Please see my web site for more information.

Talk to a Divorce Attorney Today
Most offer FREE Consultations
Connect with The Forum
facebook google twitter linkedin