You are here

Not satisfied with the outcome of surgery... Can I file a case against him/her?

If for example, I underwent a surgery and is not satisfied with the result, can I file a medical malpractice case if the doctor refuses to do something about the issue?

Share this with your friends

No.  There is much more to a medical malpractice claim in Massachusetts, or in any state, than dissatisfaction with the result.  Follow this link for detailed explanation of the elements of a valid medical malpractice claim in Massachusetts.  In a nutshell, a potential plaintiff will need to demonstrate that the doctor, nurse, or other medical professional was negligent in her care of the plaintiff and that the negligence was the legal cause of an injury suffered by the plaintiff.  Hope that helps.

Talk to a Medical Malpractice Lawyer Today
Most offer FREE Consultations
Connect with The Forum
facebook google twitter linkedin