You are here

New Hampshire vs. Massachusetts for divorce and modification

Hi--I am divorced in NH, but we have both since moved to Mass. There are a few things I would like to change in my decree--is it worth refiling in Mass? Are the laws better/child support better or should I do it in NH again? Are there any restrictions? I love your this site--it is very helpful! Thank you

Share this with your friends

Since both parents have moved to Massachusetts you may file an action to modify child custody or child support in Massachusetts. If only one of you had moved to Massachusetts, then you could only seek a modification of child custody or child support in the original New Hampshire Court. “Better” is a relative term. I can’t tell from your question whether you are paying child support or receiving child support. Someone paying support would think paying less is better, but the recipient of support would feel the opposite. More information is needed to give a meaningful answer. An income and custody percent estimate would also be needed.

Talk to a Divorce Attorney Today
Most offer FREE Consultations
Connect with The Forum
facebook google twitter linkedin