You are here

Divorced and Ex won't move out of house. Still paying for it 2 years later. File contempt?

My wife and I were divorced 3 years ago. In the agreement we were to sell the house and split and costs associated until it did. I have custody of our 4 children and she has visitation. She was also ordered to pay half of daycare for our youngest, extracurricular activities, and half of all bills in the house including mortgage until it sells. Well she has paid nothing other than child support. She lives in the house and I am paying all of the mortgage and bills. She always has an excuse and is saying she has no where to go or it will hurt the kids. First it was she was moving out by a certain dare. That date gets pushed back. Then it's she's buying the house from me. 2 and a half years later and I am financially crippled. Can I and should I file contempt? She also works two jobs while I lost one and lost shift differential money. She always has made more than me. I am at a loss and can't keep this up any longer. How can I get her out of this house?


Share this with your friends

Submitted Tue, 11/22/2016 - 06:43

I'm sorry this is dragging on.

You need to file a Complaint for Contempt and get the house sold. If your ex-spouse wants to buy you out, she should present you with a pre-approval letter from a lender. The contempt needs to be there as a stick to keep things moving at a reasonable pace.

Talk to a Divorce Attorney Today
Most offer FREE Consultations
Connect with The Forum
facebook google twitter linkedin