You are here

Can he file absentia divorce?

My husband of more than 10 years and I agreed on settling in our mother country India. Hence he sent me to India 2.5 years ago to build a house for settling. Since the time I landed here, his parents started harrassing me for money first and then for divorce. He has not sent me any money for the past 2.5 years for our kids education or our living. My parents are supporting me and my kids fully. We own a house in MA. Now, can my husband file for divorce in absentia? I have no money to come to US to even know that he did that. If he can do that, I will lose my house and I cannot get any support for my kids or me. I am very concerned because the family is now threatening me using this alternative. I want to know whether it is possible?
Thanks a lot

Share this with your friends
Talk to a Divorce Attorney Today
Most offer FREE Consultations
Connect with The Forum
facebook google twitter linkedin