Somebody burglarized my apartment. They stole about ~$1500 worth of bike, bike accessories, small electronics etc.
Police has apprehended the burglar, and returned me the bike and some items. Total for the rest of it is ~$530, which is just above
the deductible for renters insurance. I was told by the renters insurance claim handling agent that when the burglar is in court, I can speak to the DA to have the restitution attached to the sentence. However, I have no clue where to start and the amount of money seems to be too small to seek professional (paid) advice. So, my questions are:
1. How do I know who the guys is?
2. How do I know when he is in court?
3. How do I know who is the DA for his case?
4. How do I arrange to speak to the DA?
5. What documentation do I need to present in order to ask for restitution to be included in the sentence?
I do not mind doing small research through the law documents, just give me the lead.
All I have is a police case number + date and time of the report. It happened in Quincy, MA.