I was divorced in 2007. The house is still owned together- in mediation we agreed I would live in & pay the mortgage on it until Aug 2011. Then it would go on the market. Outside of the agreement he knew I hoped to buy him out.
During 2011 I told him that I wouldn't be buying him out & it would have to go on the market . Our daughter's wedding was in Sept. so the house was put on hold until after. I then let him know that I wanted to move out. He decided to move in with the understanding that the house would go on the market at that time.
He moved in in Oct. I did not push until after the holidays. He informed me that he wanted to buy it. Now he ignores messages & has been unable to show me that he is actively pursuing a mortg.
As the agreement states that it should go on the market as of August 2011 do I have legal standing to take him to court & force it on the market & if so is this something I can file on my own or do I need an attorney for it? It is likely that the threat of court may force him to take action but I cannot be sure. What is likely to be my best course of action?